Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Little Color goes a long way....

A little color goes a long way...

I've started painting cookies using a paintbrush (strictly used for this purpose, of course!) and turns out I love to paint with edible paint! This is such a great way to decorate cookies! I LOVE IT! I do wish I knew a little more about painting with Water color though since this is essentially the same. I guess it's all in how you look at a piece of art. Right? I'm not great at painting nor drawing but I DID find some great techniques that I use and work great! 

A couple of weeks ago I decided to try this wonderful concept and my first creation was this really cute little chevron doggy and heart. 


Now bear in mind that I'm not a "Van Gogh". I decided that it didn't seem so hard and grabbed another cookie or two...  This one I drew by hand using my imagination. As you can see it didn't dry very well. I thought about it and consulted with Arty McGoo, a wonderful Cookie Artist in her own rite, and she told me to try a few things! By the way, She is awesome!  You should visit her page and check out her stuff! !  


My next few "painted" cookies turned out pretty good! I even decided to "dry" them by using cornstarch in a stocking. (Clean, OF COURSE!) I brushed it off using a clean, DRY dusting brush. It dried them enough to bag! The black didn't come off! I was relieved! 




I painted another little critter and decided to put a cute border on it! This border is inspired by SweetAmbs! Her website is absolutely amazing!! Now, you can't judge me on my Rope border making because I've only done it a few times. I even messed it up by painting the Gold on it. :( That's life. Sometimes you just mess up. 


Now for my last few cookies. I know some folks like fairies and some like Smurfs so here you go! I LOVE the bottom left cookie in the first collage of cookies. It's my favorite. However, I REALLY love my little baby smurf! Isn't he adorable? 


If you need some tips for painting let me know. I've been playing and I might have come up with a few that I can lend you! 

Have a wonderful rest of your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Always Welcome!