Friday, August 16, 2013

My Mickey Mishap...


Howdy my lovelies! I have missed you! How was your week? Well, last weekend I baked and decorated a little #1 Cake for a sweet little boy named Kane!  This cake was the first cake I’ve made in almost a year! Yes, I couldn’t believe it either! I also had to Airbrush it, which as you guys know, is not something I’m great at. Here is the run down of how difficult this cake was for me. 

So, I baked it and decided that I needed TWO cakes because one was just not going to cut it!






I made my icing, (that was supposed to be amazing….) Ended up hating it. It would NOT stick on my cake! I tried everything I could think of! I was really starting to feel the pressure! I HAD to make this cake BEAUTIFUL!











I decided quickly that I wasnt going to be able to use the icing I made so I enlisted a friend to help me find some Wilton Brand icing (yes, I know how terrible store bought is but at least with Wilton it was Piping consistency). When she arrived with it I set to work sculpting the cake. It turned out beautifully! 






Once the cake had set for a little bit, I got out the airbrush and set out to get the “right” colors on it. Thankfully I got it pretty close. I put the details on and it began to resemble a cake! 






Well last but certainly not least My cake Did turn out pretty good. I was given a picture from the client and after some research I found that it was from a Lady named JoannM from the Cake Central Website. She did a fantastic job on hers and Mine doesn't even come close. 


So there you go folks a Cake story for you! I've learned that a greatcake isn't in the eye of baker but in the eye of the customer and she loved her baby boys birthday cake. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Always Welcome!